The Ultimate Guide: Sell Your Car In 2015April 24, 2015
10 Things That Can Hurt Your Car’s Resale ValueMarch 5, 2017
How to Sell Your First Car
Figuring out how to sell your first car can be a daunting process to say the least. There are so many different things to consider – you will be concerned about investing the necessary time and money into making your vehicle as marketable as it can be and receive the best price possible.
I Want to Sell my First Car 101
Step 1: Cleaning/Detailing
- Give your car a thorough clean. You might even want to have detailing done.
Step 2: Get the Necessary Paperwork
- Obtain a safety certificate inspection so that you can officially declare your vehicle roadworthy.
Step 3: Get a Valuation
- Receive an expert valuation of your vehicle and advertise. This involves composing an appealing but accurate description of your car and including some flattering and informative photographs of the vehicle, at various angles, to give a complete picture of how it looks.
Step 4 & 5: Get Prospective Buyers to Look at Your Car
- Meet up with potential purchasers, so they can look at your car and decide if they are willing to accept the asking price.
- Visit the Department of Transport and complete all of the necessary paperwork.
What’s (actually) the best way to sell my first car?
If all this seems overwhelming (and to be honest, especially when it’s your first time selling your car, it is) – forget the above steps and sell with Cars Brisbane. We are experts in the Australian motor vehicle trade and pride ourselves on ensuring that our clients receive a fair price for their car. Cars Brisbane will even come to you and can offer instant cash for your vehicle.
If you want to take the pressure off your very first car sale, contact Cars Brisbane for a free quote. Check out our website or chat to us on 1300 001 221. Find out how Cars Brisbane can eliminate the frustration often associated with selling cars and make the sale a positive experience for you and your bank balance!