Selling a car on Gumtree can be a complicated & nerve-racking process. However, with Cars Brisbane’s tips, the process becomes easy as pie.
5 Tips to help you sell a Car on Gumtree
- When listing your car on Gumtree, provide high quality photos of the exterior, interior, paintwork and engine as these will increase buyers’ interest in the car.
- Include honest descriptions of the car’s cosmetic and mechanical condition, its kilometres, registration and any extras that might help sell the car like cruise control, air conditioning or a spacious boot. Mention your reasons for selling, and if your price is low, justify why it is low compared to other cars of similar make and model, age, condition and mileage.
- To help online buyers find your listing quickly and easily, use smart keywords in your listing, especially the title, such as your car’s make and model, year and colour.
- Provide detailed contact information, including multiple phone numbers so that buyers can reach you easily. To avoid receiving spam or being contacted by scammers, request that interested customers contact you via a phone call, rather than texting or emailing.
- Outline the ideal price you would like and make it clear whether that price is negotiable. Mentioning your desired price in a prominent place on the ad will avoid confusing, frustrating or delaying customers in making an offer.
Car Brisbane as an alternative
While Gumtree can be effective, it can also be frustrating and time-consuming. If you are looking for a smooth, hassle-free and instant transaction, honest service and a deal that accurately reflects your car’s worth, Cars Brisbane would better suit your needs. If the car meets our standards, we will directly buy your car at its true value, saving you time, money and effort.
Contact Cars Brisbane today or use our free online valuation tool to find out how we can help you get a great value deal for your car.